Re: [IP] blood donation

Here in the Southern CA area where I live (LA County), I went to my local Red
Cross to donate blood.  They said it was fine.  As they were getting me set
up they discovered that I use an insulin pump.  They wouldn't let me donate
because of the pump.  They told me if I was on injections that I could and it
didn't have anything to do with my bg control on the pump vs. shots.  They
said the difference is that I have an infusion set in and that I could have a
low grade infection and not know it and therefore contaminate the blood.
Needless to say, I was ticked off!