Re: [IP] blood donation

In a message dated 7/15/99 7:49:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I recently read an article which said that diabetics who are treated
 with insulin are not allowed to donate blood, in Germany.
 Now I´m interested what the situation is like in other countries.
 Are there any arguments why diabetics shouldn´t donate blood? >>
I live in South Florida, and several years ago when I volunteered to donate
blood--they told me insulin dependent diabetics were not able to.  Two years
ago my father developed an illness in which he needed frequent transfusions.
When I inquired again, they said it was no problem and I have been donating
ever since, every 2 months.      Dianne