Re: [IP] Re: What not to say or do to diabetic children...

I seem to have given the wrong impression of my Dad. Both my parents and
sisters are incredibly supportive, and as a kid, I never got into trouble
about any aspect of my diabetes. It is only now, when I am old enough to know
better, and ignore the symptoms, that they all give me a hard time - which I
I think of all the times that I had hypos as a kid, and what my parents and
sisters went through to help me, and still go through now when I have a hypo
(although I haven't had a bad hypo in nearly two years woo hoo!!!) and I
realise how lucky I am. Even my grandparents learnt about this disease -
Nanna would always make me a separate dessert without the sugar, or my own
pot of jam, or a section of cake or slice without icing that only I could
eat. My whole family had to eat when I wanted (or needed) and my sisters
loved being able to eat all the time with me.
As with everything, I complained, and rebelled, but my family still stood by
me, and still looked after me when I needed it.
In the face of all of that, I guess a little anger now and then is justified.