[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Subject: [IP] bone spurs..anyone??

The real name for bone spurs is plantar fasciitis.  There is a band of
tissue that supports the arch of your foot, that is supposed to "give" a
little when you put weight on your foot.  Sometimes, it gets inflammed,
particularly when you get older and nothing "gives" as well any more, if
you're on your feet a lot, especially in shoes without arches, or if you're
heavy.  The treatment is stretching, arch supports, and heel cups.
Sometimes cortisone injections.  Rarely surgery.

Nancy Morgan, Jenna's mom, sometimes a family physician, too
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:12:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: amy m <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] bone spurs..anyone??

<<does anyone know anything
about bone spurs (in /on the feet), stuff about them, and any ideas
about them being surgically removed.  Amy>>

Insulin Pumpers website http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/
for mail subscription assistance, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org