Re: [IP] What not to say to a kid - the parent's perspective

        I strongly feel that everything my parents did and said helped me
later in life to understand the importance of tight control.  I also went
through a small rebellion period and though my parents had no idea what they
were talking about.  When I turned 18 I realized that EVERYTHING my parents
had told me was right.  That all along they knew what they were talking
about.  I feel that it helped becuase even when I went away to college, I
pushed myself to keep tight control.  Ultimately, I went on the pump b/c the
stress of college life was almost more than my Diabetes could handel and
achieving tight control became harder and harder.  I feel now that my parents
helped me so much by staying after me and making sure I did the right thing
in everything I did.  I am sure that like me and many others, Jenna will
realize as she gets older that you were doing the best thing for her.  Just
my .02 cents worth.

             Cheri :)

P.S.-  I feel that one of the best tings my parents ever did for me and my
Diabetes was send me to camp!  Camp Carolina Trails that is.  I am so glad
Jenna is getting the chance to go.  If you get a chance before you leave on
Sunday afternoon, I am in cabin 10.  I hope to get the chance to meet you and