Re: [IP] HMO ogres want proof of hypo ER visits; well, I never!

>   Help. I need your advice. What can I send them? Should I draft a
>   letter
> explaining my need?

Nope, make sure they have a "letter of medical necessity" from your
doctor. If they do not, contact your pump company, or both of them if
you've not decided yet, and get a sample draft copy of one. Once that
is done, they are contractually obligated to provide treatment per
the doctors orders. At that point you can stop being polite and begin
the appeals process along with a call to the medical directors
office. If they delay or hassle you, it is time to contact the
insurance commissioners office in your state. Do the steps in the
order above, be nice (at first), but be firm and don't take any c**p.