[IP] suggestions for new pumper

does anyone have any suggestions for this person?? -- Miranda

 i have had diabetes since i was 4, so 28 years and
had reasonably good control with 3 or 4 daily injections of humilin R and
ultralente before going  on the pump in mid May.  My glycoslated
hemoglobins were around 6 to 6.5 but i wanted the flexibility of the pump.
i have not had problems so much with the pump itself (i am using the
disetronic with the teder infusion set) as with the basal rates and it
seems the humalog (my first time to use it) does not seem to work quickly
for me which makes deciding which hour to change for my basal rate a
challenge.  i have a few good days and then they elevate or drop and are
not consistent, it has been very frustrating.

Miranda Miller
Electro-Optics Engineer
TRW Systems / Nightvision Labs
mailto: email @ redacted