[IP] What not to say or do to diabetic children....

Do not punish them for anything relating to their diabetes.  It makes it
seem even more unfair.  I used to get punished for sneaking sweets,
forgetting my diabetic paraphanlia when going on a trip, or forgetting  my
snack at school or to take a shot at home.  It just made it so much harder.
 I was diagnosed @ age 7.  I know my parents were just trying to teach me
responsiblity and to control my own disease, but sometimes I just wanted to
be treated like a normal kid.  Other kids didn't get grounded for a week
for trying to sneak a twinkie into their lunch box.  I hated that the