Re: [IP]Diabetic siezure question

Michael and Ginny,
       this is probably only going to add to the confusion, but I do have
some experience with people with siezure disorders and have received lots of
training on the subject (however, IANAD!).
    1.  ALL seizures are electrical disruptions in the brain, whether they
are caused by temporal lobe epilepsy or extremely low blood sugar.
    2. seizures are classified as either PARTIAL (start in and affect a
specific area of the brain) or GENERALIZED (affects entire cerebral cortex),
and there are many subclassifications, depending on how the seizure
presents.   For example, a partial seizure can become generalized.
    3.  Presentation can range from repetitive jerking of the body (clonic),
to "absence" seizures, where a person loses consciousness for a few seconds
and has no further symptoms (lokks like they're spacing out for a few
   4.  Seizures can be caused by all manner of things.  Extremely low blood
sugar, as we know, a chemical imbalance in the brain, brain damage, or even
illness. Whatever the cause, all seizures result from a misfiring in the
brain, although as noted above, presentation varies wildly (even one
individual does not always have the same "kind" of seizure every time).