[IP] New eye treatment.

Having had 7 laser surgeries, so far, this looks promising.  The full
article is at:

                 THURSDAY, July 8 (HealthSCOUT) -- The
                 leading causes of adult blindness could be
                 the result of a failed chemical brake that
                 normally keeps the eye from forming
                 sight-impairing blood vessels.

                 Chicago researchers say they've found a
                 protein signal that appears to block the
                 growth of blood vessels in healthy rodent
                 eyes. The trigger goes into hiding when eye
                 cells are deprived of oxygen, allowing new
                 vessels to cloud eyesight.

                 The substance, called pigment
                 epithelium-derived factor, could one day be
                 used to treat a range of vision problems
                 involving rampant vessels, including diabetic
                 retinopathy and macular degeneration. The
                 work appears in the July 9 issue of Science.

Jack Granowski
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have
others." -  Groucho Marx