[IP] hi ya'all

I'm Tammy again. I'm 22 from MN and have been using
the pump for around 2 years now... Disetronic... (no
wait, it has been 3 years! wow!) I've had diabetes for
15 years.

I guess i haven't been too good with my pump.. i was
so good on the shots.. don't get me wrong, i love the
pump, the freedom to just push a button... eat what i
want when i want it... but ... well... 4 months ago i lost my
health insurance... i went without insurance for that long...
till now! well, haven't been seeing my doctor... got
frustrated... I mean, the doctors in my area know nearly
nothing about the pump so I have to call the cities..
and they're always so busy...

I've been reading what people have been saying for
several days now here, and I'm really thinkin I'm glad
I've found you. I thought I knew my stuff till I hear what
you've been saying... I think you could help me.  hearin
about your determination... and some problems... helps
 me to remember to take care of my own blood sugar

This summer I'll be working at camp needlepoint in
Wisconsin... for kids with diabetes. I'll be a counselor
(anyone else going ta that camp from here???)  ta help
others with diabetes... but it's kinda frustratin in a way...
I mean, when I go ta camp, I'm still different cuz I've the
pump... others take shots, I push a button. It's fun to
show off, but I've questions... and I just wanna talk
without havin ta explain myself.

thank you for your encouragement.  well, I just got
covered with medical assistance again... so I'm planin
another doctor appointment. wanna get my basals under
control... I could skip some meals ta do it.... or really
watch what I eat.  hope it works this time... and I hope I
keep up with it.  I've been waitin for camp, straiten in the
middle of august, but think I'd better start now... I mean,
I wanna have many children... I wanna be a healthy
mom... a healthy person.... a healthy wife. a good
example to other diabetics...

havin the pump sure is frustratin when it seems no one
can help you. thank you. I've started excercising daily...
hmm... I'll try testin b4 meals... (and maybe 2 hrs after...
like at snack times)... and eatin the same number of carb
choices and at the same times.  may skip a meal hear
or there ta see my numbers. am I doin it right?

another ?.... my Disetronic... well... it seems every
time i take it in water the water leaks in... even with the
red cover ta make it waterproof. i have been pushin it on..
 and screwin everything in tight. how often do i replace
the cover the holds the cartrige in?  it's happened with a
few pumps... they can't be cracked.. not all of em....
what am i doing wrong???

and is anyone using their arms for infusion sites???
I've though bout it... wonderin if it's workin for anyone
out there...

ok, that's it for now... sorry if I've bored ya, but it's neat
 ta finally talk with ya'all....

God bless you all... you're wonderful!

and sara, I loved your thing bout the idea of relationships
btwn pumpers... still makes me smile!

thanks again for encouragin me... (and for puttin up
with the idea that i don't like caps and do love to abbreviate
and spell... well, not always like other would spell :) )

take care,
hopin ta hear from ya,