[IP] Stopping NPH

Kelly's starting on insulin on Wed.  How far in advance did those of you
using NPH stop it?  I  expected her last dose to be at least 48 hours
out, supplementing during that time by dividing the total daily NPH
units by 4, and then administering this dosage of Regular every 6 hours.
The doctor says to just withold the NPH the night before.  Is this
standard?  We're all excited about starting.  Just in time for Kelly's
6th birthday!

Mary, Kelly's Mom