Re: [IP] Insurance Problems with Prescriptions - Long

> My questions are:  Who do I write?  The company who does the
> pharmacy part of the policy or the main company.  How best should I
> word my complaints because this a load of garbage?  How can they say
> Humalog is not a preferred drug when there is no alternative to
> actual Humalog?  How can they limit my test strips?

Contact the insurance company. They and/or the pharmacy are not
allowed to practice medicine. The policy language states that the
coverage is for a months (or 2 months or whatever) supply. Your
physician operating in his capacity as LISCENSED by the state
determines what those supply requirements are supposed to be, not the
insurance company. The insurance is contractually bound to supply
what is prescribed. If you do not get satisfaction by talking to a
supervisor, ask for the name and telephone number of the Medical
Director for the insurance company. Take you complaint to him/her.
The next stop is the state insurance commissioners office and the
press. Probably would not hurt to copy your local representives
office with any correspondence.

WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN. Everyone's name you talk to, their phone
numbers, the dates, etc....