Re: [[IP] Denises basal rates]

doc.mmu.ac.uk> wrote:
Since Denise doesn't seem to have replied about her  temporary basal
rate when she went to the doc, I thought I'd jump in.

>>>Actually, I did reply in regards to my temp basal and why I cut it in half.
I was afraid of having a hypo because of 2 recent ones at the CDE visit. Also,
I had never skipped breakfast before and was really concerned how my BS would
react.>>>>>>
I was about to send a similar reply to that which many people have
sent, ie "if you had to cut down your basal when fasting then it must
have been too high".
But Denise's temp. basal rate she had set was BEFORE the doc's appt,
ie before she had cut down her basal rates. So, the temp. basal rate
she had set (which worked perfectly), was the same rate as what the
doc told her to cut down to, and which presumably she is now on as a
permanent rate.
So, she was right and the doc was right and everyone's happy.

I now have 2 basals instead of 4 also. This all seems to be working much
better, especially since I have been pretty darn ill with an upper respiratory
infection! I guess the biggest thing I learned through all of this, is that I
need to learn more about adjusting my own basal rates, and not relying so much
on the Drs.!
Denise
dxd 1971
pmpg 6/97