Re: [IP] With the pump, most things are possible.....

   Yet another post that should be reprinted & laminated for those stubborn
ped endos who think pre-teens can't handle the pump. Not only is YOUR
relationship with your pre-teen child enhanced by being able to allow her the
freedom to LIVE a "normal" life, but SHE is gaining essential life-skills,
knowing she can rely upon herself. This is a chilling contrast to another
family I met whose 12 year old daughter has NEVER given herself a shot! That
means Mom has to stop by, if she ever sleeps over a friend's house, to
administer the bedtime shot. Also means Mom has to go along on school trips,
Girl Scout functions, etc. When we told the family about Melissa & her pump
and the freedom it affords her, the mother visibly cringed. Meanwhile, the
daughter was moping around the social function we were all attending, feeling
awful, I should think, from her bg of 500!!!....The dad is a physician &
would consider the pump, but Mom's convinced everyone the daughter could
NEVER handle it....methinks the Mommy doth protest too much!!!....Hmmm, maybe
I should print out your post Sue & mail it to her!!!

Regards, Renee ( who still remembers when Amy first started pumping & is
THRILLED how well she and YOU have done!! BRAVO!!!)