[IP] silhouettes

About every other time I insert a sil, I feel like it won't go in...
Like I have to force it in.  This morning I couldn't even get it
3/4 of the way... I left it like that and my sugars seem to be okay
but I messed up the tape trying so I know this will only last like
a day...  Other times it slides right in without a problem.
Does anyone else experience or have any advice about why this might
be happening.  I feel like I must have skin made of leather!  (But
in fact I don't - it's quite soft in that area?)

Frustrated and unable to afford extra supplies!!!