Re: [IP] How much fat is too much?

ager wrote:
> But I'm curious: how much fat in a dinner is too much fat? I've found myself
> skipping salad dressing now, afraid of middle-of-the night highs. And I
> don't dare touch peanut butter, which makes me sad.

It all depends on how you balance things. There are 2 distinctly different
lines of thought about how much fat to eat: low carb, with relatively large
of fat, or low fat, quite the reverse. Thing is that you can have one or the
but not realy both.
> Also: Does the fat DELAY the effect of the carbs? Or does it increase
> resistence to mid-of-the-night insulin? Or what?

Yes, if you have high amounts of both it slows down absorption AND increases
resistance for many hours. But if you have minimal carbs it doesn't seem to
have nearly as much effect.
Ted Quick