Re: [IP] Atheletes On The Pump

My OB/Gyn told me something similar with the exception of insinuating I
shouldn't have children.  She is a terrific OB doctor and wanted me to know all
the risk.  The one thing she did stress was that I should be under tight control
at least 3 months prior to conceiving and throughout the pregnancy.  I have
other high risk factors as well, but thanks to her we are trying now. Tell you
daughter to ignore them for they don't know what they are talking about.  When
the time comes go to a high risk OB/gyn.

For now, go to your family doctor/pediatrician and let him know exactly how
upset you are.  Obviously you are intelligent and can manage your child's
diabetes. Ask him to get the pump for her and change her to humalog. Bitch,
gripe, scream, throw a temper tantrum right there in the office but don't give
up.  (You know the loudest wheel gets oiled.) Let all his patients hear you.

Personally, I would hang the CDE!

Good LUCK
Donna