Re: [IP] Atheletes On The Pump

In a message dated 7/10/99 2:23:39 PM EST, email @ redacted writes:

<< The CDE actually told my 12 year old that she would run a HIGH risk of
 defects, IF SHE SHOULD EVER TRY TO GET PREGNANT.  Indicating she probably
 shouldn't.  What good is telling a 12 year old this?  She's now terrified
 swearing off marrage and childbirth.
 I know this is kind of "out there", but it really upset Tizzy.  Why do they
 even bring this up at this point?  >>

When my daughter was diagnosed 12 years ago, the doctors told me she would be
legally blind by the time shes 18 years old. She is now 14 and has had no
The doctors who say this kind of S**T should try another occupation (perhaps
garbage man since they're already slinging S**T)  Doreen-mom of 2 pumpers