[IP] dawn phenonmen

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.  The last 2 days I
have taken a nap in the afternoon.  Upon awakening I have checked my
blood sugar and both days it was right around 100.  Within an hour,
with no food eaten, my blood sugar rose to around 225.  Both days it did
the same thing.  Am I experience a dawn phenomena because of the nap?
On other days when I don't nap my sugars stay fine.  Thanks for
any help.