Re: [IP] A cry for help...

In a message dated 7/9/99 11:44:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I got off the phone and cried.  It wasn't even 11am yet.
 Has anyone gone through this and what else can I do?  >>

Our endo approved a pump for Stephen, but doesn't start them, and he doesn't
have a CDE in his office any more.  So I called around to find someplace that
would take a "non-patient" to do a pump start on.  I talked the folks at
Joslin into doing it for us, so long as I didn't mind occasional follow up
appts with them.  I said fine and got all the appointments set up for the
original pre pump screenings.  Then the insurance company told us (4 days
before the appts) that they will not cover Joslin.  Here's the advice part:
The insurance company DID tell us what clinics they use to start pumps.  The
nurse at my son's PCP did the calling for us and set us up at another clinic.
 It has taken a few months, but Stephen did a 2 day saline run this week and
goes live on Monday.  So maybe you need to ask the insurance company who they
do business with for pump starts.  Hard to believe, but sometimes they can be
helpful!  (Mind you they did lose his paperwork before they approved his
pump, but all is ok now!)