Re: [IP] Pump with saline solution - another opinoin!

Ditto Ellen!  When we started our daughter out it was LIVE with real insulin.
 However, we had read up on the pump, had practiced and felt we were ready.
We were so ready to begin it and get off shots I think we all would have died
at having been told to do shots another month!   <grin>

For us it went smoothly, except for some trouble setting basals.  I think if
you are ready to go and your endo allows it try it - if you are a more
cautious person go the saline route for a while.  I am a believer that you
actually need to be "pumping insulin" to get a real feel for the situation.
This  is definitely one of those YMMV situations.