Re: [IP] Woo hoo!!

>Tara, Congrats!!  Any advice for the newly-pregnant?  I am about 7 weeks
>pregnant,
>and just started on the pump.
>
>Karen

Well, you're in the beginning phases, which for me were the most difficult
as far as blood sugars go  My a1c's were running at 6.8 when I was around
7weeks.  But, I also wasn't on the pump then either.  The best advice I can
give is TEST, TEST, TEST and TEST!  I am still testing my bg's about 10-15
times a day.   I also read the "Stop the Rollercoaster" book from cover to
cover and started charting my bg's and carbohydrate intake.  Lots of
calculations. Then when I got the pump I bought the Insulin Pumping book
from the same author.  Both books are excellent.

Good luck!!

Tara
Pumping since 04/09/99
IDDM 15 years, pregnant, due date Sept. 23/99