Re: [IP] basals, sent back sofsets

In a message dated 7/7/99 1:32:37 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<<I was saying it got easier
every day, but not since Monday, my bg are getting worse,>>

Amy, I have been attributing my increased daytime insulin need to the heat
wave, even though I am usually in an air conditioned area.  Walking the dog
between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. seems to have been making my blood sugar go up for
the past few mornings (it usually stays stable or slightly decreases when I
walk before breakfast).

  Do others of you find you need more insulin in very hot weather?  I know I
have always needed more when I was actually out in the sun.  I would think
that I was only marginally less active, not enough to make much of a change
in insulin need.