Re: [[IP] dawn phenomenon]

"Julie Britt" <email @ redacted> wrote:

 I have experienced a numer of really high bg's in the morning, between 8am
and 11am, and I'm trying to figure out why.  Sometimes I have no snack at all
before bed, sometimes I do and bolus for it.  I occasionally test around 1am
out of curiosity, which is a couple hous after I snack, but the bg's are
almost always normal.  I am wondering what exactly a d.p. is, and could this
be my problem?  Any suggestions on how I could find out what is causing this?
Should I do a temporary basal rate at night?

        Well I would think the first thing you should do is test a few more
times during the night, at about 2 am and 5 am for example. This should give
you a lot more information about what your BS is doing through the night. Good
dxd 1971 pmpg 6/97