Carrying supplies, was Re: [IP] MiniMed Reservior

How long the batteries last after an alarm depends on several things:

1)  Total daily amount of insulin pumped (the more you pump, the more the
batteries get used)
2)  Use of "extra features", such as the back light on the MiniMed (the
light uses extra juice)
3)  Any additional work your pump is doing, such as priming infusion sets,
checking the screen for history, issuing alarms, etc.
4)  Quality of the batteries originally used. Seems obvious, but the better
batteries last longer. Quite a few people have discovered that batteries
from places like Radio Shack just don't cut it long term.

There are probably some other variables to consider here as well which may
affect battery life after the initial low battery alarm. Bottom line for me
is I always have an extra battery (I use a Disetronic) stashed in my desk
at work and in my supply "stash" which I carry with my when I'm gone from
home for several hours. I've had batteries in my MM 506 and Disetronic stop
shortly after the warning alarm, well in advance of  "several days" cited here.

mailto:email @ redacted