[IP] Re: Swiss strips, MiniMed Reservoir, and Sunday at the Beach

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] Swiss strips

Just an update--I called AccuChek Customer Care tonight to ask about the holey strip.  They told me they have no idea how this could have happened and have never heard of it happening before.  My suggestion that maybe I had won a contest was greeted with laughter.  ;-(  Oh well. . .
Jen

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] MiniMed Reservior
> What exactly do you carry with you at all times?

insulin, a few syringes, sugar, my meter and strips, extra pump batteries, and a bottle of water ;-)  Oh--and my pump.  And extra tape in hot weather.  If I'm going somewhere that I couldn't pop home to change sets (more than an hour away), I take a set and a pump syringe.

>  Now that I will only be using Huml., can I just carry it around in my pocketbook because chances are I will use it up before the 28 days it is good for off ice.

I have never kept my current bottle of insulin refrigerated.  It stays in my purse at all times.
Jen

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Sunday at the Beach - 4th of July
> Zachary would like you to know his favorite expression is "TRY THAT ON SHOTS".

What a great slogan!!  The whole log, especially the last entry re the many chocolate milks, really cracked me up!  Been there!  Thanks for the chuckle, and congrats to you and Zachary on pulling off that great day!
Jen