Re: [IP] Blood in the tube???

In a message dated 7/5/99 2:20:13 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

 Is it something to be
 concerned about???  >>

Sorry Fran, I really didn't answer your question.  I was concerned about it
at the time, but I really didn't have any high bg readings because of it.  I
only got this after intense exercise so I figure it must have hit a muscle
and when I was back to my regular schedule, I would bolus the blood plus
insulin back in.  My bgs stayed consistent, but I would have to eat to cover
the bolus.  So, for me, there was really no ill effect except I just didn't
like blood in the catheter.  I asked the dr., the cde, Disetronic tech, noone
had heard of this.  But hey, several people at this site had had the same
problem and told me about using a more shallow angle.  ellen