Re: [IP] Stomach really the only site?

In a message dated 7/5/99 10:34:12 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 <<Unless you like to go splashing
 around in a pool without spending much energy for hours at a time
 the waterproof feature tends to be superfluous for most people. Of course
 I DO say this advisely, since I swim like a rock. >>

OK, I guess I'm not most people, but I consider the waterproof feature a
must.  I should have been a fish because I am in the water at least 3
days/week all year--the pool, the lake, or the sea.  It is hard to give
advice when we don't know your history, but my bgs do not go down necessarily
when I do alot of exercise.  They fall several hours after exercise or even
longer.  I have had IDD for 39 years so maybe this is the difference.  Most
children at this site seem to be able to disconnect with no problem.  Their
bgs fall while swimming.  Mine do not.

I wear my pump swimming laps and riding waves.  I was at the lake this
weekend and I wore my pump swimming, skiing, sea-dooing with no problem.  In
fact, Monday morning I got up and swam across the lake (slew ?--you know, an
inlet in the lake) to visit someone (about a mile).  I visited and then got
her to ride me back in her boat several hours later because of all the
sea-doos out on the water.  A person can get killed being run over by one of
those things.

I just want to point out that not all of us have bgs that fall just because
we exercise.  I do 1 to 2 hours of moderate to intense exercise everyday and
my basals are adjusted for that.  Now, if I did something different like hike
10 miles, my bg would probably drop because I do not do that often.  I find
the D pump holds up well to intense exercise so I would recommend it if you
are involved in this type of activity.

I use my upper butt regularly, but do find that my stomach has a faster
absorption rate.  I have to use the tender/sil/comfort because I have alot of
muscle in my stomach area.  I understand it hurts.  When I was much younger,
I didn't like to give shots in my stomach because it hurt.  I guess I just
got use to it and it didn't hurt anymore.  ellen