[IP] Silhouettes

I'd like to thank everyone who shared their experiences with the
silhouettes.  I've been on the pump for a month now and never had a problem
with the infusion set comming out UNTIL yesterday I pulled out two infusion
sets for no apparent reason.  As I am currently paying for these myself
until I (hopefully) get some help from my insurance company I was very
upset.  I had been reading on this chat line that the silhouettes stay in
much better but they looked so intimidating to put in so I wa susing the
soft-set inserter.  I had one silhouette that had been given to me as a
sample and so I phoned Minimed and had them talk me through an insertion.
It wasn't that bad and with what I know now I am sure it will be much
better the next time.  The inserter needle looks and feels like a large
darning needle but if I stick it in faster next time it wont hurt as much.
The big surprise is how much more comfortable it is once it is in place.  I
can press on it and it doesn't hurt, which I could not do with the sets
that go in at 90 degrees.  I have only been wearing it one day so only time
will tell if it stays in better.  If I hadn't heard so much about it on
this chat line I doubt if I would have tried it.  Now I am sorry I have
such a big stock of the old infusion sets to use up before I can buy more
One question:  The Help Line said to remove the bottom part of the tape
before inserting the needle, but I found that I messed up the tape when I
did that.  Can I not leave both pieces of backing on the tape and Then
remove the tape?  She had me stick on the tape that is folded back in front
of the needle first, but it seemed to me that it might be easier to stick
the bottom piece on first.
Has anyone tried this?  I aslo placed extra sticky tape on top of the
silhouette though the Help desk said that this wasn't necessary.  Will it
really stay on with only that little patch of tape?