[IP] re: carrying around supplies

I always carry a cartridge of Humalog around with me, and a syringe,
if I'm going out for the day. That way if I forget to check my
reservoir and run out of insulin, I can refill from the cartirdge, If I
need to take a shot I can use the cartridge.  I carry a cartridge
rather than a vial because it takes up less room and has enough in it
for more than a day's usage. Since it's not kept refrigerated, if I
haven't used it within about 3
weeks I use it to fill my reservoir the next time and replace it with
a fresh one. If that makes sense.