[IP] Rebounds/DKA ? Quick Answer

Hi when I reread this post on it taking 6 hours for your rebound to come down to normal Shiela, I thought I don't have any problem like that at all.  However if I'm spilling ketones- and on my way to DKA- the usual amount of insulin doesn't drop it fast enough as the ketones make that impossible.  I would check for ketones when your daughter (?) runs that high, rather than wait 6 hours.

I'm stepping aside now so Ted can give us a 'Quick answer' about high BGs and ketones.  What do you think? Or have you answered this already?
Dianne