Re: [IP] inserting Silhouettes

Diana Maynard wrote:
> Anyway, I find it easiest to remove the pastic sheath over the needle, bend
> back the front part of the tape with the backing still on, insert the
> needle, then with my right hand I hold it in place and with my left
> hand I pull off the backing tae and stick it down. I then repeat that
> for the other side of the tape with my hands reversed (so I hold it
> wiht my left hand and pull off the tape with my right. Lastly I pull
> out the needle and attach the tubing.

Uh, Diana, it's best to take the needle out BEFORE you bother with the second
side of the tape. That way it won't get bent before you pull it out. Bending
the Teflon canula is OK, bending the needle can be troublesome.

> What I haven't figured out is how to hold the needle as you're
> inserting it. Do you hold it like a pen or like a knife? I find it
> easier to get in if I hold it like a knife, but then sometimes the
> cannula kinks when I do that, as I don't go in straight.

I just grip it between thumb and forefinger with my palm aimed toward me,
then slide it in.

Ted Quick