[IP] inserting Silhouettes

Maybe I just like to be different, but I find that if I peel the
backing off the front part of the tape before I insert the needle, I
end up getting it stuck to my finger and messing it up. it may be just
because my sight is so bad I can't see what I'm doing, so I have to
feel, and it's easier not to have the sticky part exposed until you
have to. But it might be easier to do it this way when you insert a
set in your butt, for example, and can't see what you're doing.

Anyway, I find it easiest to remove the pastic sheath over the needle, bend
back the front part of the tape with the backing still on, insert the
needle, then with my right hand I hold it in place and with my left
hand I pull off the backing tae and stick it down. I then repeat that
for the other side of the tape with my hands reversed (so I hold it
wiht my left hand and pull off the tape with my right. Lastly I pull
out the needle and attach the tubing.

What I haven't figured out is how to hold the needle as you're
inserting it. Do you hold it like a pen or like a knife? I find it
easier to get in if I hold it like a knife, but then sometimes the
cannula kinks when I do that, as I don't go in straight.