Re: [IP] re: getting pregnant

Di,

No Im not saying you shouldn't have children.  But most Ob/gyn will want to
monitor you much more closely to make sure complications do not worsen.  There
are some doctors that will recommend not having children with some
complications.

"Diabetic Complications

If you have diabetic complications, pregnancy may worsen them. Therefore, you
should be evaluated for complications. Then, in light of the results, discuss
with your doctor the risks of pregnancy to you and your baby." (quoted from the
following website)

Check out the following website from ADA Forecast
http://www.diabetes.org/diabetesforecast/97dec/pg20.htm

Donna