Re: [IP] Sils

Hi Lori-
Here's what I do, YMMV and I'm sure you'll get a zillion responses on this one!

I take the plastic piece off the needle that it protects. (If you think it may be a little dirty, wipe it with an alcohol prep and let it dry.) Then I take the tape off the part under the needle and bend it back over the upperside so that it doesn't touch my skin (except my finger where I hold it back!) Then I pinch up my skin with my other hand and insert the tip of the needle so that it lies flat against my stomach.  As soon as the tip is in I use my fingers to spread out the 'pinched' skin til it's very flat and push the needle in the rest of the way.  I can feel the needle under the surface of my skin at this point. SubQ! Then I anchor the unmasked tape over where the needle was inserted and gently pull of the backing on the rest of the set.  Lastly I pull the needle out (which leaves the 'teflon' canula inside me.  This works for me.  Good luck.  There is a bit of trial and error here.  So check those BG's a little more frequently than usual.  When I first started I kept !
putting mine in too deep and blood backed up into the canula, my BG shot way up and I was sick and mystified.  Follow those high BG 'rules' to be on the safe side.