[IP] Diabetes Prevention Trial - Type 1 Results

Hey all,

I had both of my children tested on April 6, 1999, in the Diabetes
Prevention Trial and received my daughter's results 3 weeks ago - negative!
But, did not receive my son's and as more time passed called the 800# for
the program and asked what this could mean and they said usually meant that
the other child was positive.  Needless to say I was scared to death as my
son is only 3-1/2.  However. . . they were wrong!!!!  I got his test results
back yesterday and they were negative as well!  Yippeee!!  Now I know this
does not mean they will never be diagnosed but at least we are probably okay
for the next year or so.

Nita, thanks for the info even though I probably won't need it now.  You are
lucky to have such a great program near you!

Had to share this with people who could really understand.

Take care.

pumping since 4/98
diabetic since 10/76