Re: [IP] Re: some questions and a story (long)

I found the first 3 months my bgs bounced around and my insulin
requirements went up one week and down the next.  My Ob says this is a
pattern she has seen often in long term TYpe ! diabetics.  (I'm 7 months
pregnant now).  Apparantly most "diabetic" pregnancy info is based
either on gestational diabetes or type 2 (sometimes a conflation) rather
than on long term type 1 (which means at least 5 years - 30 of being
diabetic).  So, we have found that we have to sift thru info rather
carefully.  I found and I have read and been told that most type 1
diabetics see significant drops in insulin requirements in months 4 and
5 (some do see them in months 3 and 6 as well or some combo of 3,4,5,
&/or 6.  The pump helps with this since it is more flexible (one of the
justification Sweet Success uses for putting women on pumps.  Mine
certainly did not decrease to needing no insulin but did go down by
about 1/4 to 1/3 of the total daily dose.  I'd be a little concerned
about an ob who doesn't know how to work with the endo and doesn't
understand the insulin dosing system you are using and your medical
history, but you may be able to pull it off.    You can e-mail me
privately if I can add anything.  This is all just based on our research
and the last 6 months of pregnancy.  Others who have gotten all the way
through can tell you more.