Re: [IP] Sils

In a message dated 7/3/99 9:58:40 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Question is , the tape:  do I remove it before or after I insert the
needle?  And is the needle supposed to have the cannula inside it before I
start, or outside? >>

Hi Lori

There should be directions on how to insert a Silhouette in that little box
with all kinds of papers that came with your pump. As for your questions, (1)
I usually remove the tape after I insert the Silhouette. And (2) the needle
is inside the catheter. Are you perhaps talking about the little hollow
plastic tube that comes over the needle that you throw away (desperately
trying to shake it off your sticky little fingers that have touched IV prep)?

When I finally got up the nerve to try a Sil, I didn't realize there were
instructions in that little box, so I called MiniMed. They had a nice person
call me back and talk me through insertion. So you could probably do that,