[IP] Sils

I have a question re: the silhouette set.   I just started pumping on 6-3-99.with the bent needle, and I want to try the silouette.  (First I need to learn how to spell it!! :)   I was looking at the one I got as a sample with my start up kit for my MM 507C.
Question is , the tape:  do I remove it before or after I insert the needle?  And is the needle supposed to have the cannula inside it before I start, or outside?  (  I really played around with it and did not realize maybe I shouldn't have ) Then what do I do?  Sorry, I did not get many directions from my nurse trainer on sil, as I chose the bent needle first.
Thanks for assistance!
dx 4-68, pmpg 6-3-99 and won't ever go back to MDI!!!
Lori A. Willey
First Express Inc., FSP
email @ redacted
ICQ# 41956947