Re: [IP] I'm home!!

 >Hi Donna-
 >Why wouldn't we fill the cartridges as full as can (as directed by our CDE
 >and the pump company) and save yourself that extra work.  There is no
need to
 >change the cartridge just because you are changing the set.  Anytime you can
 >save yourself work and use up more cartidges than necessary.....that's a
 >in our book.

One reason is because the MM company recommends that you change both the
reservoir and the set at the same time... although I know a lot of people
change reservoirs and tubing every other time. If you are using Humalog,
the advice I was given by my CDE was to use the short-reservoir setup (I'm
not sure that's the correct term). In fact that's the way my MM was
shipped. Personally, I find it very handy to use the 1/2-full reservoir.
This is because when my insulin runs out, it's time to change sets.
Otherwise, I would forget and run too long on my current set.

(who tends to be absent-minded)