[IP] rebound question

I would like to learn a little more about rebounding.  Can someone tell
me how low you usually need to go to trigger a rebound?  Or, is it too
varied from person to person?  Also, what bg range does a rebound
usually send you too?  After making some overnight basal adjustments for
Stephanie, she tested at 3am at 90, but  2 1/2 hours later she was 255,
which kind of surprised me because we increased across the board from
2am to 9am.  Was that enough time between tests for her to go real low
then rebound?  She was 228 when she woke up at 9am.  The 255 is just as
high or higher than before we made the increase, so that's why I thought
of rebounding.

One more question:  when you make a basal rate change, do your usually
know what your results are right away, or does it take a few days for
the pattern to emerge?

Thank you,

Kim H. (daughter Stephanie age 10)