Re: [[IP] Dont I feel stupid!]

Denise wrote:
> Today I went to the CDE again for the second time in 2 weeks....The
> first visit, they made me eat 4 glucose tabs, a tube of gel, and a
> turkey sandwich with about a lb of turkey on it......another nurse
> to sit with me in the hall til my BS was above 100, which took almost
> an hour!
"well, you shouldn't fee stupid - they are the dummies.

Why are you crashing like this?  Are your basals really wrong or do you over
bolus before your doc visits to make sure you are in a "good" range when they
test you?  I used to do that...take a big old shot about an hour before my
appointment so I'd be lower than 457 by the time they tested me (this of
course was pre pump, pre-testing days).  Maybe the stress causes you to crash
- though most people go up in times of stress...figure out what is wrong so
next time, you can handle it!"
 Well I definetly did not over bolus either time! I do think my basals need
adjusting though. The first incident happened at 1 o'clock, which is when I
normally would eat lunch. And the second one, was at 11 o'clock when I have a
15 gm carb snack. But I still am baffled as to what caused such severe lows.
the second time I even made sure I didn't do any house work or rush myself. I
certainly do hope I figure it out soon, because I am starting to be a bit
frightened about this happening again and perhaps under more dangerous
circumstances! Like driving! Been there- done that!
Denise
Dxd 1971
pmpg 6/97