Re: [IP] Pumping at School

WHAT STATE ARE YOU IN?  WE KEEP EXTRA PUMP SUPLLIES WITH THE NURSE AT SCHOOL.
 I HAD TO GO ONCE FOR A NOW DELIVERY AND ONCE BECAUSE A CHILD PUT A MAGNET
AGAINST THE PUMP ( I DON'T KNOW IF THAT WAS THE REASON) BUT AN ALARM WENT OFF
THAT I COULDN'T FIND IN THE OWNER'S MANUAL. I CALLED MINIMED,  CLEARED THE
ALARM AND CHANGED THE BATTERIES.....EVERYTHING WORKED WELL.   MY DAUGHTER
WENT TO WASHINGTON, D.C. WITH THE SAFETY PATROLS THIS PAST YEAR....WE COULD
NOT GO(WE COULD PROBABLY IF WE FAUGHT THE SYSTEM), SHE DID ABSOLUTELY
WONDERFUL BY HERSELF.
WE HAVE BASICALLY TOLD THE SCHOOL SYSTEM "THIS IS WHEN SHE WILL TEST", "THIS
IS WHERE SHE WILL TEST" AND "THE PUMP IS HER 'EXTERNAL' PANCREAS---WITHOUT IT
SHE COULD NOT SURVIVE"
SO FAR THE SCHOOL SYSTEM HAS BEEN GOOD WITH US.....HOWEVER WE MEET OUT
CONGRESSMAN IN WASHINGTON, D.C. WHEN WE WERE THE IN MARCH FOR THE RALLY FOR
THE CURE.  HE IS 100% BEHIND US AND WROTE LETTERS TO OUR SCHOOL BOARD
BASICALLY SAYING HE WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ANY CHILD
THAT MUST DO THESE THINGS TO SURVIVE. WE SPEAK WITH HIS LOCAL OFFICE AT LEAST
TWICE OR MORE A MONTH.
IF I CAN HELP YOU IN ANY WAY PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO E-MAIL ME.