[IP] Carb counting

My big day for going live with MM 507C is July 8th.  While out to dinner
tonight I realized just how much I don't know about counting carbs especially
when I am out to lunch or dinner.  At home I make most of my food from
scratch which will be easy to measure and figure out using a carb counting
book.  I went to the dinner tonight eating a salad with a small container
perhaps 3oz of lite Italian dressing, a bowl of Manhattan clam chowder
perhaps equaling a cup or cup and a half, about 5oz of fresh ham, a cup of
stuffing with apples, fresh assorted veg. equaling about a cup and a half-no
carrots, a half cup of gravy and a roll about the size of two dinner biscuit.
 How does one sit their and figure this out?  I have a week to go and am
getting nervous.