Re: [IP] Carb/BG/Insulin Ratios

didn't your doctor give you a carb to insulin ratio?  i.e. 15 grams to 1 unit ?
This would help to know if you need to raise or lower the amount of humalog to
take.  I know when I was on Ultralente I would have high 2 hr post meal readings
and then be back down by 4 hr post meal.  I really think it is harder using
longer acting insulin to get stable bgs because of the curve.  If you feel your
dosing is too high or too low, increase or decrease it slowly.  I think I called
my endo daily when first going on humalog. *L*  Good LUCK!