Re: [IP] Don't I feel stupid!

Hi Denise!

Chow down by all means.  I too have had a number of low BG in the endo and CDE's office DESPITE their telling me I should be okay.  My CDE told me for my (heavy) weight I needed 1 unit per 8 gms. CHO - which was way too much, but until I nearly passed out in her office, she thought I couldn't count my carbohydrates properly.
(I happen to be a nutritionist, as well as a professional chef and it irritated me to no end when she'd tell me that a serving of oj had only 15 grams of CHO! And I'd been a diabetic for over 30 years too!)

By virtue of the fact that you were walking and talking while running at 27 , should go to show 'them' how frequently you have those very low lows.  I may be mistaken but from what I've heard in this forum, those of us who frequently experience lows get real insensitive to them (until we pass out of course !)  so we can walk around without sweating, shaking and all that goes with it and be 40 or below.

Some CDE's (not the ones on this list!) are so busy trying to educate us, that they forget, some of us were dealing with our diabetes while they were in diapers!  (Hmmmm, rather makes for a nice visual, image, eh?)

Hang in there. Keep us posted on how you're doing. (Since you can probably converse online at 40 or below!)