[IP] Stopping the flow

> In practicing for my daughters new pump, the CDE put a tight knot in
> the tubing of her Disetronic to see if she could stop the flow of
> insulin and when she bolused, it came through like nothing.  It
> seems pretty tough to get a stoppage.

It is difficult to stop the flow of insulin through the tube. A tight
elastic waist band combined with sitting with the tube in a skin fold
will do it. So will the very thin tight elastic on a swim suit.

There is also a clamp that comes with each box of sets that looks a
bit like a plastic paper clip. That will do it as well, albeit with
some difficulty.