[IP] Pumping at School

Hi Everybody,
		Ok, I know you're all thinking, "School's out, why talk about
it?" LOL!  Well, I'm busy filling out 504 forms and I've got some questions
for all of you veteran parents of pumpers.

1.  If your child experiences a "No Delivery" alarm and it is determined that
the infusion set needs to be changed, what do you do?  My son is 9 and quite
possibly will learn to change his own over the summer, but if he doesn't, I
want the nurse to do it.  He was only on the pump for the last two months of
school so we only had one alarm for that and I went up and changed his set.
It was clogged.  Now I don't expect this to be something that happens all of
the time, but when it does, how do all of you handle it?  Nurse, you or the
child (with supervision by the nurse of course)?

2.  Can anybody think of any other issues that might come up with the pump,
which might need to be outlined or addressed on a 504?  I'm already up at the
school constantly for his asthma or his diabetes and this year I NEED to go
back to work during the day.  I can't be there constantly like I was to
handle issues that they should handle.  Obviously, any time there is any
doubt, I'm there in a minute, but as far as what the school should be
expected to handle, I'd like some input on how other parents have handled it.
 We have a handle on the lows and such but I'm mainly interested in issues
that pertain just to the pump....eg: operations, alarms, set changes, etc.
ANY input would be very much appreciated.

Looking forward to a MUCH less stressful school year in Sept.!
Kelly (Mom of Steven dx. 2/96 & pumping, Brian dx. 12/97 on MDI, Billy dx.
9/98 on MDI and Lisa.....NO DX! :-)