Re: [IP] MM and D differences was Re:Technical Error Messages

email @ redacted writes:

<< I'm opinionated. >>

Richard, I am glad you are opinionated.  I wear a D pump too and am glad you
made your comments.  I do not make comments about the D pump at this site
anymore, but send my comments directly to the individual who asks the
question.  The reason I do this is because we are a definite minority at this
site and everytime I make a positive comment about the D pump, 10 people who
use MM say something like MM is just as good or I am unfairly trashing the
other pump.  We are all believers in our pumps and I guess we DO become
emotionally attached to these machines.  I really don't care what pump people
choose.  It is a personal decision.  I do like for people to have a choice.
If I wanted a square wave, I would consider the MM, but I don't care about
that feature.  I like the fact that I can spend the day at the beach with my
D pump attached and that I have an extra pump.  MM users don't care about
these features.  I like the fact that I have never had alarms go off in 3+
years except the one to change the battery.  I am a member of a support group
with MM and D pumpers and I think MM users do have more problems with their
pump.  There are a couple of D pumpers who have problems and there are some
MM pumpers with no problems, but that has been my personal observation.  I
have NO facts.  I believe the reason for more MM problems is because there
are alot of extra features on the MM pump and therefore more chance of
something going wrong.  This is just my opinion.  Like I said, I don't care
which pump people use.  I think they should pick one that fits their
lifestyle.  I do NOT think Richard was "trashing MM" just because he likes
his D pump.
People are continually asking about pump differences.  There is much more pro
MM comments on this site than pro D because the majority on this site use MM.
 I think ALL the admins use MM.  I personally like having some specific pro D
pump comments.  It helps inform people.  ellen